For the entire duration of the Rome Film Fest, Filas pursued the action of promoting new regional financial instruments – VAT refund and Venture Capital for film and audiovisual productions and coproductions.
At the Parco della Musica Auditorium, the F.I.L.M.S (Filming In Lazio Makes Sense) pavilion organized by Filas, the Lazio Region, and the ROMA & LAZIO FILMCOMMISSION, promoted Lazio and its resources for film and audiovisuals.
The international “TERRE DI CINEMA” conference allowed those European regions where the audiovisual industry is one of the territory’s fortes and a development option to compare policies, strategies, and resources. The “Terre di Cinema” conference saw the presentation of STORY NET, a project dedicated to seeking “stories” for cinema and to training talents for screenwriting. The F.I.L.M.S pavilion was home to “Filmcommission LAB” – a series of meetings to air out the productive and organizational needs of the main interlocutors with filmcommission’s structures: producers, production managers, set designer, directors of photography, and trade associations.
On 20 October, a “Location Tour” of Lazio took place, organized by Filas Eurovisioni, IRVIT, and the Lazio Region to allow foreign directors and producers to discover new cinema locations in our region: villas, castles, and landscapes of a “land of cinema” that is often used, but that has yet to as be capitalized on as the Hollywood on the Tiber.
Scheduled presenters at the international “TERRE DI CINEMA” conference:
- Piero Marrazzo, President of the Lazio Region
- Goffredo Bettini, Chairman of "Festa del Cinema di Roma”
- Giulia Rodano, Assessore alla Cultura – Lazio Region
- Francis Parny, Viceprésident chargé de la Culture - Ile de France
- Kirsten Niehuus, Managing Director, Medienboard Film Funding Berlin-Brandemburg
- Amado Gimenez Precioso, Director General de Promocion Cultural - Comunidad de Madrid
- Aviva Silver, Head of Unit European Commission Media Directorate
- Stefano Turi, General Manager of FILAS
- Alessandro Battisti, President of Cinecittà Holding
- Andrea Rocco, President of Centro Studi Luoghi e Locations
- Corinne Rufet, Commission du Film d’Ile De France
- Luciano Marchetti, Direttore Regionale Beni Culturali e Paesaggistici del Lazio (Regional Director of Cultural Heritage and Landscape assets, Lazio) - MIBAC Ministero Beni e Attività Culturali (Ministry of Cultural Heritage and Activities)
- Anja Dorken, International Relations Medienboard
- Lamberto Mancini, General Manager, Cinecittà Studios
- Giorgio Van Straten, Chairman, Azienda Speciale Palaexpo
- Francesco Petrucci, Curator, "Villa Chigi" – Ariccia
- Gabriele Salvatores, Film director
- Maurizio Totti, Coloradofilm producer
- Francesca Solinas, "Premio Solinas" director